Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gallon Guy








Saved me from having to do this during the school week. Chloe really enjoyed putting him together..Joshua could care less, but he did help color some. It turned out to be a nice visual to use with our measuring liquids. Glad we did it!

In the next few weeks I would like to get Joshua and Chloe working on a lap book. I think I will do a weather one for Joshua since that is what he is doing in Science and need to figure one for Chloe or have her do the same topic. We shall see. Being a 1st time home school mom I want to make sure they are getting all they need, but I need to throw some fun things in as well. I do think I am getting better...deal is Chloe wants the extra FUN stuff every day and mom just can't keep up:) I don't want to be in the habit of just doing the art/fun stuff and stray away from our studies, but I will loosen up.

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. So cute, Becky! I can't wait to do this with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! You're inspiring me to do one...Lizzie's getting into the measurements as well (I think we're just a tad behind where you are in 1st!). Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy:
    It really was a cute thing for her to make:) Today she watched my 4th graders Math DVD with him. He is reviewing dry measures and she felt so big watching:) I did not think it would hurt to have her watch:)

    ReplyDelete